Tuesday 1 September 2015

Tooty fruity

It has been to say the least a rather damp squib of a summer with record breaking rainfall in August and July.The fruit trees here have thrived though (me...not so much!)with all bearing a healthy crop even if the lack of sugar content is rather noticeable.The apples,damson,quince and Asian pears in particular are looking good.This is also the first year that the cider apple trees I planted a few years back are bearing fruit so it looks like monkey and I will be busy brewing this autumn...cheers!



5 comments:

Albert said...

I see lake Brimstage has appeared again, the Kenyan seems to believe it's due to global warming, who do I believe when I thought it was just the weather being a bit uppity.

James Higham said...

The summer has set my building back - don't know what you do, build yourself canopies?

Thud said...

James, this summer has done us no favours has it? strangely enough I do build large 2x4 frames and then tarp, pisses off the workies as no skiving.

Vinogirl said...

Sigh...the damsons look fabulous. Make me some jam:)

Elizabeth said...

We had a lot of fruit from our new yard, even though the drought is still in full force over here in California! We moved to Martinez, and this yard of ours has white peaches, plums, nectarines, persimmons, and avocados. I miss the quince trees from our place in Walnut Creek, because it isn't an easy fruit to find.