Tuesday 7 July 2015

Part time

Even though now retired I have quite a bit of work on the cards around the various properties here, the first of which is building the gothic wall on the Bothy.You can see here my rough drawing of the coping for the wall and pictured above a sample piece we made from some scrap stone. I think the profile is the one I was aiming for but I plan to sleep on it before making a final decision, the rest of the stone has arrived from the quarry and I spent time in the yard earlier this week helping to cut it to size on the large saw......and off we go!

3 comments:

Vinogirl said...

I like the profile.

Scrobs. said...

It's a good design, as the natural rainfall will clean the bird poo easily...

Do you get a lot of lichen on the wall? I only ask, as the lovely pink colour will be enhanced greatly!

Thud said...

Its the north west....if I stood still for more than five minutes I'd be covered in lichen.